Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Actually at Home?

Not being a techie kinda guy my wife has set this up so blog #1 is happening from home. We are here periodically and believe it or not, it can be some of our highest impact time. Things get written here, projects are completed, and future plans get formalized and blogs get started, right? Though the majority of the year has ministry somewhere else we are still actively involved in the lives of students and leaders here in Thurston County.

Yesterday I spoke at one of the alternative schools in town, tonight I will be working parents to understand and prevent suicide, next week I will speak to ten class rooms full of junior high students all here in Thurston County.

Every week is a mixture of working in the here and now with students and leaders, preparing for a future Mission Trip or writing some kind of training piece to pass on what we have learned to this generation. Of course I could be out running too, this Fall I am signed up for half marathon number three, so a few miles a week is normal too.

2 Peter 3:18 is one of my life verses partially because of what it says and who wrote it. I hope it applies to every thing I do. Blessings Mark

2 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

The actual Amanda here--congrats on the new blog!